The Kamaishi Miracle
- 1 x 49 min.
- Clean, M/E + English
- English script
- With the increasing awareness of disaster prevention following the Great East Japan Earthquake, the actions of students from an elementary school in Kamaishi during the disaster serve as a valuable case example. Even though the school is located in one of the most disaster-stricken areas, all 184 students managed to survive the tsunami by using intelligent decision-making and imagination. Their experience is now known as the Kamaishi Miracle. It's receiving attention both domestically and globally as a model of not only disaster prevention but also crisis response. This program reproduces the miracle in detail through interviews with the children, computer graphics, and animation to tell the story of their amazing escape.
- "intermedia-globe Gold, Education: General Education"
WorldMediaFestival, 2013 -- Hamberg, Germany
- "Gold Plaque, Educational Program: Adult Audience"
Chicago International Film Festival Television Awards, 2013 -- Chicago, U.S.A.
- "Audiovisual Division Special Prizes"
JAPAN PRIZE International Contests For Educational Media, 2013 -- Tokyo, Japan
- "Asian Production Award, Grand Prize for Society"
Sichuan TV Festival, 2013 -- Chengdu, China