Legends of the Deep
- 2 x 52 min.
- Clean, M/E + English
- English script
- © NHK / NEP / Discovery US in association with ZDF and ARTE
- Except for U.S.A. and Canada, and German and French-speaking countries in Europe
- Using cutting-edge scientific technology, "phantom" legends of the deep are captured on film in this series. Scientists and film crews voyage in midget submarines into the depths of the sea to film the legendary giant squid. They dive into deep-sea canyons in search of giant sharks. Revealing the deepwater ecologies of worlds unknown even in the 21st century, NHK unravels some of the intriguing mysteries of our planet's biodiversity.
- [The Giant Squid]
"BEST DOCUMENTARY PROGRAMME (ONE-OFF / SPECIAL)"
Asian Television Awards, 2013 -- Singapore
- "Special Jury Prize, Feature Film"
Pelagos International Sea Festival, 2014 -- Roma, Italy
- "Certificate for Creative Excellence, Documentary/TV Documentary programs-Nature, Wildlife"
U.S. International Film & Video Festival, 2014 -- Los Angeles, U.S.A.
- "Best Marine Film"
GREEN SCREEN (International Wildlife Film Festival), 2014 -- Eckernförde, Germany
- "Panda Award, Against All Odds Award"
Wildscreen Film Festival, 2014 -- Bristol, U.K.
- [Deep-Sea Sharks]
"Bronze Prize, LONG AND MEDIUM – Duration 26+ minutes"
World Festival of Underwater Pictures, 2013 -- Marseille, France
- "Intermedia-globe GOLD, DOCUMENTARIES/Nature and Wildlife"
WorldMediaFestival, 2014 -- Hamberg, Germany
- "Best Nature & Environment Documentary, TV Documentary/ Nature & Environment"
Asia Rainbow TV Awards, 2014
- "Silver Prize, Nature & Environment"
China International Conference of Science & Education Producers (CICSP), 2014 -- Shenzhen, China